Trauma-Informed Approach Training
August 12-15, 2019N/A
HCA will offer trauma-informed approach trainings from July through September 2019 throughout the state.
Trainings focus on people who provide direct connection with individuals in the behavioral health continuum, their supervisors, community members, and agency executives and leaders, including “train the trainer” trainings.
- Create a community learning environment to enhance knowledge of how to use a trauma-informed approach in healing, wellbeing, and recovery work for children families and adults.
- Facilitate engaging learning activities that provide tools that help others create an environment that supports those impacted by trauma, and individuals who work with them.
- Work collaboratively to create a culture shift toward a trauma-informed approach and the ability to integrate understanding of trauma into our policies, procedures and work.
INTENDED TRAINING PARTICIPANTS
- Recipients of the Transformation Enhancement Grant
- Community organizations with a specialization in or nexus with behavioral health defined for this work as prevention, early intervention, treatment and recovery services as well as community mental health centers
- Primary care providers with a nexus to behavioral health
- Trauma-informed trainers and trainees
- Health and human services state agencies
- The Health Care Authority
- Managed Care Plans
- Peer Counselors
(Click on more details below to access FAQs, how to register for trainings, and other related details)
- 9a-12p – (A) Overview, Open to Everyone
- 1p- 4:15p – (B) Leadership Only (leaders and managers of agencies, organizations, & systems)
- 9a- 4:15p – (C1)* Direct Care & Supervisors
- 9a- 4:15p – (C2)* Direct Care & Supervisors
- 9a-12p – (D) Supervisors Only
*Please note: C portion of the training series is offered twice. Please choose only one!
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com