The North Sound ACH is governed by a Board of Directors, which has several key committees that are open to non-Board members.
Board and Committee members should expect to spend between 5 -10 hours per month on Council work. The two Board Committees that accept interest from non-Board members are the Finance and Governance Committees
The Finance Committee (other organizations may call this the Budget and Finance Committee) tasks are:
- Review budgets;
- Report to the board any financial irregularities, concerns, opportunities;
- Recommend financial guidelines to the board (such as to establish a reserve fund or to obtain a line of credit for a specified amount);
- Work with staff to design financial reports and ensure that reports are accurate and timely;
- Oversee short and long-term investments;
- Recommend selection of the auditor and work with the auditor; and
- Advise the CEO and other appropriate staff on financial priorities and information systems, depending on committee member expertise.
The Governance Committee (in other organizations may be called the Board Development Committee):
- Recommends additions and revisions to the Board’s governance and policy decisions;
- Recommends additions and revisions to the organization’s bylaws;
- Recommends board and committee structure and refinement;
- Recommends board training and consultation needs;
- Prepares priorities for board composition;
- Meets with prospective board members and recommend candidates to the board;
- Conducts orientation sessions for new board members and to organize training sessions for the entire board; and
- Suggests new, non-board individuals for committee membership.
If you are interested please send an email to Tiffany Edlin.