The North Sound ACH is governed by a Board of Directors, which has three key committees that are open to non-Board members.
Board and Committee members should expect to spend between 5 -10 hours per month on Board and Committee work. The three Board Committees that accept interest from non-Board members are Finance, Governance Committees and the Community Leadership Council.
The Finance Committee tasks are:
- Review budgets;
- Report to the board any financial irregularities, concerns, opportunities;
- Recommend financial guidelines to the board (such as to establish a reserve fund or to obtain a line of credit for a specified amount);
- Work with staff to design financial reports and ensure that reports are accurate and timely;
- Oversee short and long-term investments;
- Recommend selection of the auditor and work with the auditor.
The Governance Committee tasks are:
- Recommend additions and revisions to the Board’s governance and policy documents;
- Recommend additions and revisions to the organization’s bylaws;
- Recommend board and committee structure and refinement;
- Recommend board training and consultation needs;
- Prepare priorities for board composition;
- Meet with prospective board members and recommend candidates to the board; and
- Conduct orientation sessions for new board members and organize training sessions for the entire board.
The Community Leadership Council tasks are:
- Bring forward the perspective and insights from community members across the region, especially those impacted by disparities;
- Recommend approaches to gaining community perspectives; and
- Report to the Board on community needs, assessments and engagement opportunities.
If you are interested please send an email to Tiffany Edlin.