From Washington State Health Care Authority bulletin:
We’re just getting started
January 31, 2019 marked the end of the State Innovation Models (SIM) grant. SIM created the foundation for Healthier Washington, a multi-agency, multi-sector movement to transform the health and wellness system in Washington State. It changed the way we work together, use state purchasing power, and build infrastructure. It boosted Washington’s commitment to create stronger communities and healthier people.
There’s a difference between SIM and Healthier Washington
SIM funded many Healthier Washington initiatives, and although the grant is ending, Healthier Washington continues. Under the banner of Healthier Washington, we’ll continue to:
- Support and help sustain Accountable Communities of Health.
- Integrate physical and behavioral health care, and support person-centered care.
- Move toward health care purchasing that rewards value rather than quantity of services received.
- Support providers and clinicians as they transition to value-based care, and work with partners to ensure a robust health workforce.
- Enhance the Clinical Data Repository so providers can better coordinate care by accessing health care information within one system.
- Collaborate with the Health Innovation Leadership Network.
- Support and guide Medicaid Transformation efforts and rural transformation activities.
Healthier Washington isn’t going away
Healthier Washington is a movement—a way of thinking about how we approach health and wellness transformation. In this next phase, we are moving from building infrastructure to finding ways to support and sustain our work. Transformation takes time, and we remain committed to our initiatives and partnerships.
Learn more about Healthier Washington by visiting our website.